Re: filmscanners: Good neg stck on Scanwit

No, what I meant was - I can *easily* slap a good transparency in and then
print off a pin-sharp, grainless 11 x 8 at 300 dpi.  But with a negative, I
would normally spend time ensuring the print was free of grain, by the
usual blurring of layers, etc etc.  I agree that you can get very good 11 x
8's, and larger, off negatives with a 2700dpi scanner.  But for me anyway,
it requires more work and care.

I was also taking into account that the enquiry seemed to be coming from a
publishing point of view, so I imagine his standards for output are going
to be high..

So, I do agree with you, and I'm sure your prints are great!

mark t

At 09:25 PM 7/08/01 +1000, you wrote:
>"Mark T." <markthomasz@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> > If you have a 4000dpi scanner, probably.  But I find with 2700 dpi, the
> > grain-aliasing makes it harder to get good enlargements (8x10 and up) off
>negs.
>
>Really Mark?  You can't get a good enlargement to A4 at 2700dpi?
>That really surprises me - larger prints less so, although I've printed
>A3 from a neg scan out of the LS30 on my Epson 1160 and it looked
>OK. :-7  I'm not boasting.  Far from it.  I'm just surprised that you say
>you can't get good prints to A4 off negs.
>
>Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.