Re: filmscanners: I love/hate SilverFast

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 23:05:45 EDT   (RogerMillerPhoto@aol.com) wrote:

>  Which brings up another point:  Why is SilverFast
> shipping a three year old IT-8 slide?  Aren't they supposed to be
> replaced every year to insure their accuracy?

I've not seen this said anywhere before, so long as it is stored
sympathetically I wouldn't expect significant deterioration to be that
rapid. But Kodak production is dated according to 'runs' which last for
several years, the date on the slide isn't the date the slide was exposed
and processed but the edition it belongs to.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons