Re: filmscanners: I love/hate SilverFast

I ordered my upgrade, also only to discover that I couldn't use the SN I had
just bought. I'm monitoring my VISA account carefully. If Lasersoft charges
it before getting a functional version for download, I intend to report them
for mail fraud. This is pretty much the last straw. Great software...sorry
company. Now, perhaps illegal as well.

FWIW, I too purchased Silverfast prior to the Polaroid bundle for $309 w/
IT8. I went though the exact same one month period trying to get a
functional SN from them. I further had to wait on more than one new release
to get one that would work. It was weeks before I could use the software.
Just at the point of demanding a refund, I finally got resolution. Also, I
received the same old line that I was the only person on the planet with the
problem so it must be my system. We now know that was a lie. I wonder if
Germany is aware or gives a damn about how they are represented in the US.

If Lasersoft charges those of us foolish enough to buy the vaporware
upgrade, perhaps we should consider a class action against them as well.

Lloyd