RE: filmscanners: Wet-mounting slides?

>In theory wet mounting would have the advantage that scratches in the
>film and most dust particles become almost invisible, because their
>refractive index is close to that of the mounting oil.

This is the main reason I've been exploring alternatives to the Minolta
carrier.  Despite my best efforts to keep dust and dirt off the glass and
film, I *still* end up doing a lot of spotting in PS and it's *very* time
consuming.

>The glass plates should be so thick that the outside of the glass is
>sufficiently out of focus. A good mounting oil evaporates reasonably
>fast and leaves no residu.

The Kami mounting fluid I'm considering trying is claimed to evaporate from
the both the film and glass and need little or no cleanup afterwards.

Jeff Goggin
Scottsdale, AZ

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.