RE: filmscanners: Scanning Kodachromes with LS30

> If you haven't already, I suggest you read Dane Kosaka's step by step
> guide to
> scanning Kodachromes with Nikon scanners using Nikonscan software:

http://www.marginalsoftware.com/LS2000Notes/casestudyI/scanning_kodachro
me
> _on_th
> e_nikon_caseI.htm

Thanks, I will read that with great interest.

> I'm perplexed by the image size of your slides. 22mm square might be
from
> Robot camera? But you imply the image is too wide to scan -- have you
> mixed up
> your millimetres? Maybe these are slides on 127 (Vest Pocket) size
film,
> with an
> image about 38mm square? From a Baby Rollei, or from a Brownie
Starflash?

Sorry, more explicitly 22mm high and 22mm wide (32mm diagonal). I have
no idea camera what was used and the photographer is no longer with us
to find out. Regardless I will have to make do with what the scanner can
achieve.

Bruce.

I'
> > have to!) but, as luck would have it, I have just been handed a huge
> > pile of them to scan.
> >
> > I am using VueScan 7.1.7 on a PC with an LS30. What is the generally
> > accepted best method for scanning these? Is use of the infrared
channel
> > out? If it is better to use Nikon Scan 3.1 on these I can.
> >
> > Many of the slides are badly faded, quite dirty (fingerprints, dust)
and
> > all of them are of an unknown size (to me). They are a square image
> > measuring about 22mm on a side. This pretty much buggers me for
scanning
> > the whole image but the owner of the slides (family!) don't mind if
> > forcibly have to crop due to the scanners limitations.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.