RE: filmscanners: Re: Vuescan gripes

> There are GUI tradeoffs that I need
> to make in order to accomplish this, and this
> drives some Mac OS GUI purists crazy.

True.  If I had not heard (probably from this list) that VueScan did  great
job of scanning I never would have gotten past the interface.  This was long
ago when VueScan was just starting to support the Mac - the interface was
much worse and VueScan often crashed or did not function correctly on a Mac
with my scanner.  Very quickly VueScan became stable and properly supported
my scanner.  At the time, Minolta's software for the Dual looked great but
the results were almost unusable.

Now days, my only real problem with VueScan is when I want to do something
unusual (unusual for me).  Let's see, what option does what I want?  It's
usually there somewhere, but I end up spending time reading the html manual
and experimenting until I find what I want.  BUT, at least VueScan will
usually do what I need.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.