RE: filmscanners: Re: Vuescan gripes

> I'm guessing that you don't like the way file names are
> entered.  I can't use standard file dialogs to enter file names
> that have the letter "+" in them, but I suppose I could drop
> this feature (specifying the plus after the digit(s) to be
> incremented) and use standard file dialog boxes.  Would
> anyone object if I did this?  It would only take me 5 minutes
> to do, but I suspect it would annoy thousands of people.

It would be nice to be able to use standard file dialog boxes to specify
both the directory and filename, but not at the expense of giving up auto
increment.

I would like to see a button next to the file name that would pop up a
standard dialog box for navigating to the desired directory and setting the
file name.  Instead of "Save" the dialog box would have a "Select" button.
The selected directory and filename would then be entered into VueScan much
as it is now, including processing of the + symbol.  Or have a check box
next to the filename entry (either in the file dialog box or on the options
pane or both) that would specify if the last number in the filename is to be
auto incremented.

I don't think this would be hard to implement and should not generate too
many complaints.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.