Re: filmscanners: ADMIN : VIRUS warning - Sircam worm

Hi Tony,

I've received almost thirty instances of the virus in the last three days.
My Norton AntiVirus definitions dated July 18 picked up every one and
safely quarantined them. I've been wondering if any of the forums were
going to post this. We've had two clients catch the virus and almost every
program on their computer refused to run. Norton's now has a downloadable
executable to delete the virus from infected computers.

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html

Larry

>I would not normally do this, but the Sircam worm is causing such
>widespread havoc a warning seems in order. I have received 3 copies in the
>last 3 days (off list!), and none has been picked up by Norton AntiVirus
>2001 running with current definitions. They have been deleted safely.
>
>If any of you lot were to get infected, there is a risk of Sircam being
>distributed via the list. Please therefore take great care when opening
>attachments from any source.

Larry Berman

http://BermanGraphics.com
http://IRDreams.com