RE: filmscanners: Digital Copyright

Laurie wrote:

>Like locks, copyright notices and the like are basically only for the
>honest and should not in and of themselves be regarded as practical
>protection against deliberate infringements - actual or potential.

I don't think anybody who's in or near the business can disagree with *that*
statement (or the rest of Laurie's post, FTM, which I'm not including here).

It seems to me that the latest US "Copyright Law" (and other IP decisions)
as convoluted and in places compex as they are, favor the "pickpocket" and
"locksmith" (to extend Laurie's metaphor) more than the person who created
the property in the first place.

Best regards--LRA