From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Arthur Entlich
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 2:05 AM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Digital Copyright

LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:

> I am arguing that people should not get their expectations up as to the
> nature of the protection that copyright registration provides, the ease of
> enforcement, the extent of the costs of insuring against copyright
> protection in terms of time and money, and what they anticipate by way of
> punitive damages and regular damages or other sanctions from infringers.

(much cut)

I see copyright regulation and enforcement like traffic lights.  You
sort of hope everyone follow them because the consequences of not doing
so could be very messy, and being the one in the right is no guarantee
that you'll be any less harmed than the person in the wrong.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.