RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

> Seems pretty slight to me -

Perhaps but it shows up in prints.  As my prints sell for hundreds of $ they
need to be perfect.

> What magnification are we looking at in the zoom?

About 66%

> Somebody was talking
> about making the 8000 slow down to use only one row of CCD sensors at a
> time, instead of three (have I got the right scanner?) so it
> would seem that
> if you could turn on that option, you might get a preferable result.

It does help but it also takes about an 1.5 hours to do a 16x, 14bit scan of
a 645 neg.  Clearly not an option.

The bottom line is that Nikon needs to decide that it has real issue on it's
hands.  One second level tech essentially admitted that they did during one
phone call but during a different conversation with the same individual he
was adamant that the problem was not widespread and was limited to my first
scanner.  Clearly that is not the case.  Anyway, for #k, they need to figure
this out ASAP!

Lawrence

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.