Re: filmscanners: Nikon MF LED light source...

on 7/15/01 11:11 AM, Austin Franklin wrote:

>>> FYI, the Leafscan is well under 4 minutes.
>>>

>> At 4000 DPI?
>>
>> Todd
>
> Todd, don't you own a Leafscan?  I do believe you're on the Leafscan emaiil
> list.  I can send you the manual if you like ;-)
>
> I believe you know (then why ask?) the Leafscan scans 1:1 (6cm wide) at
> 2540PPI, as well as 35mm at 5080PPI and 4x5 at 1200PPI.
>
> For a 6x6, the Leafscan provides enough resolution to print a 24" by 24"
> image at 240PPI, and a 12" x 12" at 480PPI.  There is a point of diminishing
> returns, at least for Piezography output, where more resolution does not
> give any better output.

Right you are Austin,

I should have added a winkie, or something to imply I was asking
rhetorically, but I thought it worthy to show that it wasn't an apples to
apples comparison. Especially if you add in the warm up time, calibration
time, focus time, prescan time, etc.

Sorry.

Todd

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.