From:   rafeb [mailto:rafeb@channel1.com]
Sent:   Saturday, July 14, 2001 1:12 PM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        Re: filmscanners: Which Buggy Software?

At 02:30 PM 7/14/01 +0100, Tony Sleep wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:19:28 -0700  Pat Perez (patdperez@yahoo.com) wrote:
>
>>   the
>> most infamous being 3rd party manufacturer video drivers
>
>Yup! Absolutely (one reason why I conservatively stick to Matrox is that -
>eventually anyhow - their drivers usually get to be well behaved).
>
>It may be useful if people suffering Nikonscan crashes could identify
>their graphics cards and drivers.

Maybe you're onto something here, Tony.  I use
a Matrox G200 AGP board.  But strangely enough,
its installation was rather messy (driver-wise)
and it still crashes during one of the more
obscure Wintune tests (though not on any apps
that I normally run.)

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.