Re: filmscanners: fogged film

Norman Quinn wrote:
>No just the film. This is the 1st time I have had fogged film too.
>The poor technican at the lab thought his machine had misdeveloped
> them, but strips B4 and after mine were fine.
>It must be X-ray. I had just returned from a trip.

Out of interest what speed was the film?  Did you do a lot of flights with
the film?  In the USA a lot of airlines end up needing several flights to
get someone to their destination - I *think* they only x-ray film once when
it is checked in, but they may recheck it.  If you went on a long trip
involving flights on several different days, the film would be xrayed each
time, and the effect is cumulative.  In the past I have carried the films in
a separate bag and asked the checkin staff to manually inspect it.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.