RE: filmscanners: Getting started question

> just takes longer to learn how to scan negs with good consistent
> results.
>
> --James Hill

I will second that - using negatives with Mirafoto it seems like I had to
work forever on every scan, then with Vuescan it was just 1/2 forever (maybe
1/4) :-).

But scanning the slides I am spending most of my time just looking for
something I CAN do to it - they are coming out almost perfect. The scariest
part so far has been trying to figure out the USM to use. These are Provia
100F slides scanned at 2700 DPI on my Scanwit and they look a bit "soft".
However, where I normally start getting nervous if I use over 150% at 1.2
radius with threshold of 4 on negatives (Kodak Super 100) here I am up into
250% or more before I see the effect I want - and I seem to have to be more
careful to avoid pixelization at those levels.

/fn

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.