filmscanners: When if Provia 100F a poor film to scan...underwater :-7

OK, I'm confused.  I have some Provia 100F slide film I shot on a scuba dive
on the Barrier Reef last week.  I expected it to come out blue, and it has.
What I *didn't* expect is that Vuescan doesn't seem to be able to remove
dust from it.  I'm thinking that the blue cast in the slides is acting as an
IR block.  The strange thing is - if the IR is blocked, shouldn't the IR
channel be dark or black?  I tried outputting an IR file from one of the
problem slides, and it looks white - and blank. :-7

On the one hand I can believe that Provia 100F might be so dense it doesn't
work well with the IR channel, but I don't understand what I'm seeing in the
IR channel!  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.