RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED

Polaroid Secures Loan Extensions,
Plans to Explore Merger or Sale
A WALL STREET JOURNAL ONLINE News Roundup

Polaroid Corp. said Wednesday it would explore a merger or sale as the
camera and film maker tries to dig out from beneath a mountain of debt.

The company announced a waiver on a $363 million line of credit that was set
to expire Thursday, but said it would miss payments to bond holders next
month.

In a statement, Polaroid said it had retained Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein
and Merrill Lynch to explore several options for the future of the company,
including "sale of assets, a merger, a sale of the company and/or a
strategic partnership."

Polaroid said its banks agreed to extend certain loan covenants through Oct.
12. The company also received a waiver of a $19 million principal repayment
that had been scheduled for September.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.