Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Sprintscan 120

> At 10:41 PM 7/10/01 -0400, Dave King wrote:
>
> >Enjoy.  This and the new Nikon are the first generation of CCD film
> >scanners that are capable of results that are essentially "good
> >enough" for any conceivable critical use with film up to medium
format
> >size.
>

> I'm not sure I agree there, Dave.
>
> The Leafscan 45 and the Imacons (both CCD) have
> been around for a while.
>
> The two new models (from Polaroid and Nikon) are
> poised, IMHO, somewhere between these two very
> worthy (but dated) standards.
>
> On 35 mm, the Leaf 35 and 45 can probably
> still beat either the Polaroid or Nikon.
> Er, that is, if you have an hour or so to wait
> (on the Leaf.)
>
> What *is* quite significant is the price that
> these new models are being offered at --
> roughly 1/3 to 1/4 of the Leaf's original
> price, or Imacon's current retail price.
>

> rafe b.

OK, I don't agree with myself either.  What I should have said is
first generation of "practical" CCD scanners etc.  These puppies will
profilerate like bunnies, and that can't really be said of any
previous medium format scanners for critical work.

Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.