Re: filmscanners: CD from Scanner

Burt:  Though I do not have a Dell I do have the same software.  I have
found that the CD writer software woorks a lot better if you go through
the workflow the Dell rep. suggested.  It may be cumbersome but it does
work best.  I have usually done some cleaning and sharpening and
sometimes croping in PS before placing the image(s) on the CD.  Going to
Windows Explorer to delete the files, to me, is only a minor
inconvenience unless your HD has a very low storage capacity.  I usually
scan only as a tif  and I have lots of room with what is now a
relatively small (6 gig) drive that really has about 1 gig free to work
with.  I definitiely do not deal with the images one at a time.  That
would really make the process cumbersome.

Gordon

Photoburt@aol.com wrote:

> I am just starting to get into digital imaging.  Computers to me are
> not
> intuitive (to put it mildly) and I am not being modest.
>
> I am trying to create CDs from images on my flatbed scanner (Epson
> 1200U) to
> the CD.  I follow the steps but I am unable to read the result.  I
> have a
> Dell computer with Windows Me, 256 mg of RAM, a CD ROM bay and a CD RW
> bay,
> and an Adaptec CD writer system that came with the computer.
>
> I called Dell and I received that did not seem right to me, so I am
> hoping I
> can get some other thoughts.
>
> What I was told is that the Adaptec does not do well copying from the
> scanner
>  and that my best procedure with the Adaptec software was to copy to
> the hard
> drive and then copy to the CD.  It was also suggested that I might
> acquire
> another CD burner software that would do a better job.
>
> It seems to me that the whole idea of CD burning is to avoid having to
> fill
> up the hard drive with images.  I realize that I could erase the
> image, but
> the procedure of copying to HD then to CD and then erasing the image
> on the
> HD seems very cumbersome.
>
> The tech also suggested a ZIP drive.  I thought the purpose of the CD
> was to
> avoid having to get a ZIP drive.
>
> I would appreciate any thoughts on this subject.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>                                               Burt

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.