Re: filmscanners: Primefilm 1800i

On Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:30:45 +0200  Richard Schreurs
(schreurs@niob.knaw.nl) wrote:

> I intend to buy me a filmscanner. I saw the cheap Primefilm 1800i. I
> want
> to use it to store my photos on CD-rom and the internet. I don't really
> need high resolutions, 1800 dpi would do it.

I have never looked at nor used this scanner so can't comment
authoritatively, but a number of people on this list at one time or
another have been tempted by the low price. I think they have mostly been
less than satisfied, and have returned the unit and exchanged for an Acer
Scanwit or Canon FS2710 or Minolta Dualscan, with which they have been
much happier. The same applies to the Tamarack/Jenoptic.

Sample variation seems wide with these scanners. You may be content with
the results, but I'd suggest you buy from a dealer who will allow an
exchange if you aren't.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner