From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Tony Sleep
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 6:20 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: VueScan and white pixel clipping SS4000

On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 11:06:56 -0500  Stan Schwartz (snsok@swbell.net)
wrote:

> I am making a scan of an array of bright azaleas using VueScan and an
> SS4000. I am scanning at 48-bits.

Try a white point setting of 0.01% (0.0% is usually OTT), and adjust
Color|Image Brightness to a smaller number to give a duller, greyer
preview (hit Prev Mem after adjusting). EG, if currently 1.0, try 0.8
or so. This will avoid the clipping, and you can then adjust levels
precisely in PS.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner