filmscanners: Dat doggone dust!!!

Hello!
I have a umax powerlook 111 with the tranny adapter.  I mainly use it to
scan 6x6 color negs with VueScan.  When the scanner was new, everything was
fine and I was a happy camper.  But over time, the dust began to torment me.
"Regular" dust I can cope with.  I'm talking about the kind that causes
black lines that run straight down vertically...from top to bottom ( or
bottom to top).
I've removed the glass from the tranny adapter - and cleaned both inside and
out.  That improves the problem, but the lines usually get shifted to other
locations within the frame.

This has become very frustrating.  Are there other areas that I should be
cleaning?  If so, where?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

-david-  <><

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.