RE: filmscanners: Canoscan 2400 UF

At 07:22 AM 6/07/01 +0100, Derek wrote:
>Er how do you know? Have you tried it?
>
>It's interesting, because this is a flatbed that's snuck onto the market
>with a built in proper transparency lid, 2400x4800dpi optical resolution
>and 48 bits colour depth. This is an incredible spec for a flatbed,
>especially at the price.
>
>About the only Achilles heel is lack of speed. Making it USB-only costs.

While Jack may have a slight ulterior motive! .. there are *other* reasons
why most flatbeds can't filmscan well..

F'rinstance, 'another' potential Achilles heel is the lack of dynamic range
- will this one drag the details out of my Kodachrome shadows like the Acer
can..?

Hmm.  Can you have 2 Achilles heels?  I do - should know as I've broken
both of 'em..
But I think in this case I am guilty of metaphor abuse... :)

MT

>JPhipps@asf.com (Jack Phipps) wrote:
>
> > I think you'd be a lot happier with the Acer 2740 at a similar price.
> >
> > Jack Phipps
> > Applied Science Fiction

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.