RE: filmscanners: Digicams again was Re: filmscanners: Minolta DiMAGE Scan & Dimage 7 camera

Rafe wrote:

> I visited Michael Reichmann's web site yesterday (not sure about
> the spelling) wherein he claims that the Canon D30 produces a
> better image, all around, than a Provia slide, shot on an EOS-1V,
> and scanned on an Imacon at 3200 dpi.

I recently decided I needed a smaller "take it with me at all times" camera as
I simply
wasn't using my SLR enough and bought an old Minolta CLE rangefinger.  Nice
sharp
lens (with the option of using other Leica or new Voigtlander lenses as well),
small and
light - and great fun to use.  I'm sure there is already digital kit that can
get close to
the quality but not without much more bulk - or without making a bigger dent in
the
bank balance (even allowing for the cost of a scanner).

And a lot of classic camera gear holds its value more than consumer grade
digicams...

Don't get me wrong, I like new toys as much as anyone else and have been eyeing
up
each generation of digicams that come out but nothing yet has the right mix of
compactness, quality and value to mak me bite.

Al Bond

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.