Re: filmscanners: why not digital minilabs?

I think there are several issues with your approach.

The most obvious is availability of the service.  After that, there is
expense, going into an open loop system requiring more careful color
management, loss of control over final print, time spent going between
provider and one's business or home.

Also, of all the initial outlay expenses, the cheapest is the printer
(which is a pretty amazing thing if you think about it).

I think silver based digital systems are great when they are required,
but they change the work flow considerably.  I like having my color
printer two feet from my slides, my computer and my scanner. ;-)

Art

Tomasz Zakrzewski wrote:

  > Most of you use ink-jet printers for the output of your pictures.
  > Why don't you use digital minilabs, like Fuji Frontier?
  > Great quality, 300dpi, up to 22x13,7", archival quality (especially
on Fuji
  > Crystal Archive Paper) and last but not last photographic paper.
  >
  > I will read your answers with great interest.
  >
  > Tomasz Zakrzewski

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.