Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: why not digital minilabs?

> Tomasz wrote:
> >Most of you use ink-jet printers for the output of your pictures.
> >Why don't you use digital minilabs, like Fuji Frontier?

Next question on this topic - Have any of you printing with Epson
photo printers resorted to the Frontier printer to get a good B&W
print?  I have been doing a few restorations and hate being limited to
only toned prints, just because my 1270 can't produce a true grayscale
image.  I'll be buying another system (printer, CFS, hex-tone inks)
before too long, but right now I would be willing to take any B&W work
out and have it printed.  I guess I would like to know how the
Frontier or others compare to an Epson print with the same file??
That way I could do all of my tweaking and test prints at home, then
take the file to be printed when satisfied with the results.

--James Hill

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.