Re: filmscanners: what defines this quality?

Hi, Steve--

Yes, this is sort of what I was talking about, on a lesser scale--I had the
idea back in the 80's, Ray Bradbury had it back in the 40's. :-) It's a
little bit "Star Trek," but the concept is valid. Thanks for passing on the
web site. As of now, the technology is too expensive and too limited--it
still needs a breakthrough or several.

I knew the mother of an engineer/physicist whose field was liquid crystal
research. He hit so many brick walls (in the 60's & 70's) that he had a
nervous breakdown and eventually committed suicide. True fact.

Eventually, Bradbury's concept will come about, and you'll actually be able
to put movies of the African Veldt on the wall of your kids' room. Not in my
lifetime, though, and the kids will *probably* not be able to turn the lions
loose on their parents. ;-)

Best regards--Lynn Allen