Re: filmscanners: what defines this quality?

This is getting *waY* off-topic, but for about 6-7 years now, many American
TV shows (and many Ausie/NZ, too) have been shot with 16mm and converted to
video. It's a stretch to say that PAL is so vastly superior to NTSC, since
they both do about the same thing with different line counts. If the 16mm is
formatted to one format or the other and then converted to the second, it's
bound to suffer. Blame the idiots who "count the beans" in the head office,
not the cameramen and directors, or one format or the other.

Best regards--LRA