RE: filmscanners: Magnification of light - AND brief density math lesson...

Austin wrote:
>The image data only spans a small part of the 16 bit
range.  Increasing exposure time only incureases DMax.

And we're talking about the Leaf scanner here, right? I'd think that
increasing exposure would also burn out highlight detail. It wouldn't
eliminate DMin, just extend it across the board. If not, you've got a
helluva scanner there, Mister. :-)

Best regards--LRA