RE: filmscanners: Scanner resolution (was: BWP seeks scanner)

At 03:15 PM 6/16/01 +0100, you wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:52:51 -0400  rafeb (rafeb@channel1.com) wrote:
>
>> This is odd.  If it were me, I'd toss the blue channel,
>> which is more often than not the one with the most noise
>> and the least usable information.
>>
>> The red channel, OTOH, is the one with the best contrast,
>> almost always.
>
>:-) The green channel is the one most often used for single-channel
>greyscale scanning.

Yes, I believe that's the case.  I guess my point
was that red had (has) the best contrast, not
necessarily the best sharpness.  But it might be
too much contrast for practical purposes.

Green is more or less the middle of the visible
spectrum.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.