RE: filmscanners: OT: Device recognition, Win 98

>With the SprintScan LE, you might try downloading (from
>Microtek) their driver for the 35t+ scanner.  In fact, you
>may be able to get the pre-Insight "legacy" driver from
>Polaroid's website.  All I know is that the screen captures
>for the LE's driver program (from Polaroids' PDF files) were
>identical to those from Microtek's ScanWizard driver program
>at the time.

FWIW, I have a Microtek 35t+ and it won't work with the Polaroid software.
I don't know if this means the Microtek software won't work with a Polaroid
scanner or not but I was told there is some firmware code that identifies
which scanner is which and unless the two match, the software won't work.
Of course, there's nothing to prevent you from downloading it and trying it
out yourself...

Jeff Goggin
Scottsdale, AZ

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.