From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Lynn Allen
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 1:29 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: OT: Device recognition, Win 98

I just discovered that what I'd said about my computer recognizing SCSI
devices (viz my Acer Scanwit) without a warm boot does *not* apply to my USP
port and HP 6300C. It *definitely* requires a re-boot to be recognized, if
it is off-line at first boot-up.

This is not terribly important to the World View Of Things, but I saw so
many different opinions and versions of what needed rebooting and what
didn't, that I thought I would mention it. "So it goes." :-)

Best regards--LRA

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!