From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Ian Boag
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 12:27 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: Colour fix problem

I have attached two heavily crunched down photos. I am looking for help
here on how to fix one of them. Last year I went to the RAF museum at
Hendon. I took pictures on regular Fuji 200 film using a Konica Revio APS
camera. I also had an Agfa 1680 digicam. The museum has some kind of arc
lighting which came out all green in the prints. It scans like that too.
See greenmig.jpg (the pic is a Mig-15). The scan was done on a Kodak
FD-300. Comes out much the same whether I use their auto fix on scanning or
not. The digicam took a picture that looks about right (see digimig.jpg).
Generally the FD-300 does a job that I am happy with.

My problem is how to fix the green scans. If I just throw in magenta
correction I eventually get the plane looking right, but the roof and
surroundings go bad. The situation is complicated of course by the fact
that the camera suffers from vignetting at full aperture on max wide.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

        Ian Boag

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.