Re: filmscanners: Used Nikon LS-20 for sale

Hi Art,

> Can I ask you two silly questions?
>
> 1) Why did Nikon charge you DM351 to fix a scanner which was operating
> within the normal "technical limitations" of the scanner?

They claimed that they have cleaned it, and that it was working properly
AFTER their action. I could not make out any difference in the results
before and after, judging from test scans.

> 2) Why would you spend DM351 to have a scanner serviced which you were
> going to put on sale for less than the servicing cost?

Simple: at the time I had it serviced, I had not intended to sell it,
because I had hoped that the service would remedy the problem. I've had had
an extended discussion with Nikon's service agant about the whole affair,
but they were uncooperative. After that, I didn't pursue the matter further
because I considered it a waste of time, nerves, and money.

Thanks,

Karsten