Re: filmscanners: which scanner for slides ?

I received several replies with helpful information from my original email.

My choices seem to be
Acer 2740
Canon FS2710
Minolta Scan Dual

The Acer and Canon are SCSI connections and the Minolta is USB.  I think I
remember reading that slide scanners with USB sometimes cause problems.
There have also been some problems with the Minolta that I have been reading
on
this group.

If this is correct, I can limit my choices to the Acer or the Canon.

The Acer appears to be very large and the slide holder can be difficult to
load with
plastic springs that are fragile.  The Canon loads the slides vertically.

The Acer comes with digital ICE.

So far, I have not decided.  Maybe another round of replies will help me
decide.

Thanks,

This is my original email....

> > I have many color slides that I want to scan and make prints.
> > Most of the prints will be 4x6 or 5x7 with an occasional 8x10.
> >
> > The scanner that falls in my price range of $400+ is the Minolta
> > Scan Dual, but a friend of mine recommended a Nikon Coolscan,
> > but the prices of the Nikon scanners seem to start at $800.
> >
> > Recently, I have seen messages about the Canon FS2710 and the
> > Acer is also in this price range.
> >
> > Photography is my hobby and I have slides going back many years.
> > I also take slides when I travel.
> >
> > What are your suggestions for a scanner to meet my needs?
> >
> > Jerry
> > jerryk1@prodigy.net

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.