Re: filmscanners: Minolta Dual II banding

Sadly, I suspect you are right about each PC being its own DNA code (to
paraphrase), and we all know what percentage of success doctors run.

It is obvious to most of us who use the equipment that this system of
everyone writing their own software, changing libraries, and confounding
hardware and firmware codes, and parameters, isn't making life any
easier.  As much as I used to complain about limited market options (and
therefore large costs) for Amiga peripherals and software (and I suppose
this is also true of Apple) there is something to be said for a
controlled environment, especially if the software is going to be
close-coded.

Seems to me, something is going to have to give eventually, or the
frustration levels, not only of users, but even of manufacturers and
service providers, is going to become unbearable.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.