Re: filmscanners: LS4000 reboot problem

Paul,

I can't help on the firewire issue.

The question everyone is going to ask, so I might as well do so is:

Is the Nikon sharper than the SS4000, and if so by about what percentage?

Does the shallow DOF become an issue?  How bad is it, how does DOF
compare to the SS4000, and have you found a simple solution to making
DOF less of a problem (if it has become one)?

Art

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> I just got a Nikon LS4000 to replace my Polaroid SS4000.  It's a wonderful
>scanner, especially when used with Vuescan.
>
> However...  I'm running it on a Win98SE box with 768MB of RAM  Whenever I
>reboot my system, if the Firewire cable is plugged in the system hangs about
>halfway into the Windows boot.  If I unplug the FW cable it boots properly.
>It smells to me like an interrupt problem with the Firewire driver (I
>installed Nikon's upgraded driver from the CD).  I tried taking out the SCSI
>card that was running my Polaroid to see if there was a conflict, but it
>didn't help.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Any trouble-shooting ideas?  Should I
>consider upgrading to Win2K?
>
> Paul Chefurka

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.