filmscanners: LS4000 reboot problem

I just got a Nikon LS4000 to replace my Polaroid SS4000.  It's a wonderful
scanner, especially when used with Vuescan.

However...  I'm running it on a Win98SE box with 768MB of RAM  Whenever I
reboot my system, if the Firewire cable is plugged in the system hangs about
halfway into the Windows boot.  If I unplug the FW cable it boots properly.  It
smells to me like an interrupt problem with the Firewire driver (I installed
Nikon's upgraded driver from the CD).  I tried taking out the SCSI card that
was running my Polaroid to see if there was a conflict, but it didn't help.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any trouble-shooting ideas?  Should I
consider upgrading to Win2K?

Paul Chefurka

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.