Re: filmscanners: Vuescan request

Alan wrote:

>It sounds to me as though your backup software may be
keeping a record of everything that has been installed since
the last backup, and trying to recreate it when you restore,
and also trying to verify that this will be possible.

Good point, Alan. Both Norton and McAfee (the only two I've used)seem to go
a bit overboard on backups, sometimes to the point of obstructing and
shutting down the whole operation, particularly on a system with marginal
RAM.

Any tips you have on defeating this "overzealousness" would be more than
welcome by me, and possibly others.

Best regards--LRA