From: cjcronin <cjcronin@erols.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 2:23 AM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Vuescan request

> At 06:59 PM 5/20/01, you wrote:
> >Jules wrote:
> >
> >>I run several different releases of VS. I was in the
process of setting
> >them all back up on my new hard drive when I got an error
message that VS
> >could not create/write to the directory it wants to
install too. Once I put
> >a copy of vuescan on, I will rename it, then install
another version. I have
> >no idea what went wrong but my computer will not let me
make a vuescan
> >directory (says it already exists but I don't see it)
after I have installed
> >and renamed only two of the programs.
> >
> >Yipe! I've been doing the same thing, but only 2 versions
at a time. Please
> >keep this discussion On-List--it also affects me, and
probably others, too.

> >BTW, Jules, do you have Norton Utilities installed? I've
used that program
> >to good advantage to uninstall embedded programs that
have gotten corrupted
> >and wouldn't reinstall. It's a PITA, but sometimes it's
gotta be done.

> >Good luck and best regards--LRA
>
> Hi Lynn,
>
> Yes I tried Norton before I turned here for advice.
Deleting the directory at the ms-dos prompt worked. Weird
thing is, I did not see the directory in windows (and I do
have show hidden files checked) but when I went to the dos
prompt there it was. Deleted it and everything is fine now.

> Thanks,
> Jules

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.