Re: filmscanners: Another Mission Completed

In a message dated 5/10/01 11:13:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lalle@email.com
writes:

<<
 I'm happy to report that I've scanned and recorded to CD *all* my
 significant negs and slides from 1949 to 1998--which were the ones I was
 going for, archive-wise. >>

Since this is almost precisely what I'm getting ready to do (after selecting
the most appropriate scanner) I would be interested in any words of wisdom
you might have.  A summary of your working method would be helpful: scanning
resolution, archiving resolution, archiving medium, typical number of images
processed per session, software, etc.  Also things that you might do
differently if you were starting over.

Thanks for your past messages on the list; I was particularly interested in
your running comments on the ScanWit, which I had originally considered
buying--before the recent announcement of "new/improved" scanners.

Congratulations on completing your project.

Bruce

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.