Re: filmscanners: Vuescan colours FS2710, Mac

> Richard wrote:
>> For what its worth I'm reposting my findings on the subject using MacOS9.1,
>> Canoscan FS2710. I haven't revisited the problem since January 1st so I'll
>> scan the same neg using the latest Vuescan and see if there's been any
>> improvement.
>
> Thanks for your interest Richard. My posting of 11th May summarises my results
> with 7.0.x Vuescan, with yellow and green neg scan colours specifically being
> "off" in the crop file, but fine in the raw scan. Your findings will be
> interesting.
>
> Colin Maddock

Hi again Colin

I rescanned the same neg using Ver 7.0.21 and the results are even worse
than Ver 6.4.9. I've posted the scan on the site, take a look. It's the best
I can get from Vuescan and negs on my FS2710, something wrong surely , or is
it just me. All I can say is I'm glad I kept VueScan 6.0.2.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~ricwalsh/602_scan.htm

I tried a raw scan of the same neg and it still looks terrible.

--

Regards

Richard

 | @ @ ------->>> Richard <soho@eircom.net>