Re: filmscanners: A Good Epson Customer Service Story

After a year of problems with my Epson Perfection 1200U Photo scanner I also
contacted Epson Customer Relations.  After evaluating images I sent them they
advised me that Epson did not make a scanner that would do what I needed.  I
returned the scanner and they refunded my purchase price.  I have since
acquired an Epson 1640SU and, for an inexpensive flatbed scanner, it does a
credible job - more than I would expect from a scanner in this price range.
With Vuescan I am getting good enough images until I can afford a good medium
format scanner for film.  In my case, I think Epson has all they could do to
satisfy me.

Jim Sims

Larry Berman wrote:

> My Epson Perfection 636 died last April, while still under warrantee. I was
> in the middle of a job so I purchased an Epson Perfection 1200 SCSI on the
> same day I sent it out to be repaired. When the 636 came back it wouldn't
> work at all because the local licensed repair shop had not locked the
> scanning mechanism before shipping it back to me. Not really needing it
> because of the 1200, I just put it aside in the basement and went about my
> business. Exactly one year later, the1200 started giving me trouble (by the
> way, are these scanners considered disposable??) After calling Epson's tech
> support I was advised to send the 1200 out (to the same repair facility) be
> fixed under warrantee. I then explained my previous experience with Epson's
> repair service and they advised me to tell my story to Customer Relations.
>
> To make a long story short. Customer Relations sent call tags for the
> Perfection 636,1200 and transparency adapter and sent me a brand new 1640
> Photo in exchange.
>
> With all the complaining we do about the hardware and software
> manufacturers, I felt a need to tell a good story for a change.
>
> Larry

> Larry Berman
>
> http://BermanGraphics.com
> http://IRDreams.com