Re: filmscanners: Polaroid 4000 dpi

CP wrote:

>EIGHT passes?! Even if I was scanning just one slide, I doubt I would be
patient enough for that.

That might depend a lot on the slide, and its importance. :-)
I can testify that multiple passes *do* reduce noise, and I've used up to 10
on really nasty problems (I just go watch television for awhile). But of
course, using a Scanwit, multi-scanning is one of my few options, and only
with Vuescan. :-)

Still and all, the Gausian Blur is also a very usable solution (best used
for isolated "noise" areas, I've found), and using the grain filter to
reintroduce texture is an excellent added idea.

Thank you, Charles, for adding your techniques to our "Problem Solving"
toolkit.

Best regards--LRA