RE: filmscanners: FW: Dual Scan II - striping

> I want to clarify if the "striping" I am seeing is what Vlad is speaking
> of, and if anyone else sees what I am.
>
> I am seeing a couple of bands of darker sky.  They start at the left
> side and go toward the right.  One, for instance, goes right through the
> "Rooster" weathervane on top of the roof.  Another wider one ends a bit
> above the rooster's head and goes up toward the top edge of the image.
>
> They are more obvious on the left side and fade out as approaching the
> right.

I see the same striping that Art sees.  For those not seeing the broad
stripes, do a histogram equalization (optional - just makes the effect much
more obvious)  and look at the separate color channels.  No stripes are
visible in the red or green channels but they are quite visible in the blue.
My first impression was that the stripes were due to saturation of the
bright weather vane but I don't think this one image is enough to determine
the real cause.  They are definitely not JPEG artifacts.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.