Re: filmscanners: FW: Dual Scan II - striping

Like Art I see broad soft-edged stripes of dark and lighter sky - quite
obvious - with for example a dark stripe through the cock.  It looks to me
like an illumination issue, but this doesn't seem likely for a film scanner.

I had very bad striping with my (now returned) Photosmart which was a kind
of aliasing of scanner noise with the screen display - it varied enormously
depending on degree of displayed zoom, but was sharp edged, not like what I
see here.

Julian

At 08:35 24/04/01, you wrote:
>Vlad,
>
>I do not see the striping.  One thought comes to mind, however - is it
>possible that it is your monitor that shows striping but that the scanner
>and the image themselves are OK?
>
>Maris

Julian Robinson
in usually sunny, smog free Canberra, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.