RE: filmscanners: Acer Scanwit 2720s vs 2740s vs HP s20

Jerry wrote:
>> You could try the salt and pepper filter in Paintshop Pro 7.
> Interesting, unfortunately, I don't have Paint Shop Pro or
>Photoshop without LE "extension". How do you fare with that
> filter on dust with negative scans where you leave ICE off?

You have to be careful with the settings, or it will kill
image detail as well, but I've found it a very quick way
of removing lots of spots.  You should be able to download
a demo version of PSP7 from www.jasc.com.

Be warned though - without the 7.02 patch, the salt and
pepper filter may hang the computer.  Select a small area
of an image then use the filter on it.  That way you also
have a side by side comparison of the filter's effect.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.