filmscanners: Buyer advice: Scanners & Printers

Subject: re: filmscanners: Acer Scanwit 2720s vs 2740s vs HP s20

mentioning that there's been a guy on Ebay selling new ones for some time now.
They seem to come in for under $500.  He's also offering some 2720s too.

Group,

I must have missed a few emails on this discussion; and I am new at this group, and particularly also regarding scanners.

Bottomline across-the-board educated conclusions are highly welcome on the following equipment:

1. For home-small office use, roughly under $500 (400 UK?), considering all the compromises or not, the best of the 35mm scanners.

2. The best of the inkjet printers, normal width is acceptable, wide carriage is less of a consideration (I think?).

    Thanks

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.