Re: filmscanners: Epson proofing

Tony wrote:
> Yes, I know. Which makes it even more of a shame that the
> canned profile for the OE ink and paper is not accurate.

They have improved considerably.  Last night I printed the
same photo using the same program on the same paper using
a Stylus 600 and a Stylus 1160.  The output from the 600
looked like an inkjet print - oversaturated with banding.
The output from the 1160 looked as good as the photographic
print from the same neg.  That was at 720dpi on Epson Photo
Quality Inkjet paper.

Have you tried a 3rd party profile?  I am tempted to get
one of Jon Cone's profiles for the 1160.

Obscanning: Grain on the screen of scanned negs doesn't
necessarily lead to horribly grainy prints.  I'm still
convinced that the best result I can get out of my LS30
comes with Provia 100F and a tripod. :)
(a better prime lens would probably help too ;)

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.