filmscanners: Scanning Konica Centuria 100

FYI I bought a roll of Konica Centuria 100 for the purposes of photographing
the grain targets again.  I wasn't able to do this due to far too many
commitments,
but I have to report that I would never use Konica Centuria 100 again.
The apparent grain on the Nikon LS30 is awful.  Skin tones in particular
end up looking mottled.

This is anecdotal and not scientific at all, but personally I've seen enough
of how the film behaves to know that Fuji Superia 100 is *far* better IMO,
and more easily procured anyway.  Kodak Supra 100 seems quite good, but
I haven't had the chance to try Supra 400 which is supposedly optimised
for scanning.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com